Thursday 28 June 2012

Bread pudding

Since I sekarang jadi full time house wife and I love cooking and baking, so semangat untuk try out few recipes memang membuak2. Desserts especially. Sebab they are easy to make and doesn't require much ingredients.

So I tried making some bread pudding. A very simple one. Actually I dont really eat the bread pudding cause to me its one of the sweetest dessert. But buat juga la for family. I just love the smell of the cinnamon. So nice and very refreshing. Very calming.

So all you need :

white bread or any bread will do (cut into squares)
3 eggs
milk to soak the bread
2 cups of sugar
vanilla extract
cinnamon
butter to coat the baking pan

All you gotta do :

1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Soak the bread in milk
3. In separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar.
4. Gently stir the mixture with the bread.
5. Coat the pan with butter so the bread wont stick.
6. Pour the mixture into the pan.
7. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until set.

As for the sauce, I just made a simple vanilla custard sauce.

2 cups Milk
6 egg yolks
1 tsp Corn starch
3 tbs Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract

Sauce preparations :

1. Whisk cornstarch and egg yolks in heat proof bowl
2. Add in the sugar and vanilla
3. Simmer the milk with low heat
4. Gently add in the milk and the mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment